Mask Policy (updated 5/18/21)
Effective May 21th, the LYSC mask policy is updated as follows to mirror the MYSA policy:
- Players 18 years and under when outdoors and engaged in moderate risk sports (soccer), a mask will no longer be required while actively playing.
- For participants aged 19 years and older when outdoors and engaged in moderate risk sports (soccer) where social distancing can not be continually maintained (soccer) a face covering must be worn while actively playing. The player may remove the face covering for frequent short mask breaks to catch their breath when they are out of proximity of other players (at least 6’) using caution to avoid touching the front or inside of the face covering by using the ear loops to remove and replace
- Players are not required to wear a mask outdoors while on the sideline or in a huddle if proper social distance is maintained. If social distance cannot be maintained masks must be worn.
- Please note that there is no requirement of mask removal while playing. Players may choose to still wear their masks. Coaches are encouraged to support the individual choice.
- Coaches and Referees are not required to wear a mask if they are outdoors and can social distance. At any time social distance can not be maintained they must wear a mask. Referees age 18 and younger do not need to wear a face covering while on the field of play officiating a game. The use of electronic whistles or similar non-traditional whistles by all referees is required.
- Spectators are not required to wear facial coverings outdoors only when they are unable to maintain 6’ of social distance between themselves and other spectators. Family units from the same household do not need to distance, but should remain 6’ from the next spectator group. If the proper distance can not be maintained masks must be worn
These changes are effective immediately for our home fields. Some town, city and regional Boards of Health as well as leagues may impose more restrictive measures for facial coverings for participants and spectators. If so, these restrictions take precedence.
We look forward to seeing more smiling faces out there on the fields!
Board of Directors Message
Follow this link for an important message from the Board of Directors.
Quick Covid Reminders
https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.leagueathletics.com/Images/Club/2439/LYSC COVID Spring 2021.pdf
http://files.LeagueAthletics.com/Images/Club/2439/Spring 2021 Participant Form with Signature.docx
https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.leagueathletics.com/Images/Club/2439/Letter to Youth Sports Updated (1) (1).pdf